Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Week 5 Questions:
1. In what ways has wrestling with anxiety shaped the way you view yourself?
2. Do you think that when Jesus was on earth he struggled with anxiety? Read Luke 22 and notice how Jesus walked through his most anxious moments on earth.
3. Think about this past week. What decisions (large or small) did you make based on your anxiety? When did you let fear choose for you? How might things have been different if you had acknowledged your anxious thoughts but not given them poser over your actions?
4. What do you need help with today? What do you need to leave in God's hands today?
5. What do you need to remove from your life to keep your mind focused om good things? What things do you need to meditate on this week that could change the outcome of the events of your week?